Does The Responsible Developer take advantage of construction industry opportunities for continuing education? Absolutely!
Here are some great local and national seminars to attend that provide the most current news and information on public and private development and construction:
1. For the developer or contractor interested in public schools, here is a great opportunity, on two dates in two cities:
The Washington Association of School Business Officials
Capital Project & Facilities Workshop
March 14, 2012 in Yakima and March 20, 2012 in Renton:
- Bidder Responsibility Criteria and GC/CM & Design Bid Build
- Legal Tools for Effective School Construction Contracting
- Construction Budgeting & Accounting and State Match
Foster Pepper's own Greg Guedel will be speaking on the first topic.
2. For the developer or contractor involved in bidding government projects, there is the Seminar Group's Construction Bidding on March 15, 2012 in Seattle:
- The Bidding Process
- Alternative Public Project Procurement Process
- Insurance Considerations in the Bidding Process
- Contractor and Municipality Perspectives on Bidding Construction Projects
- Strategies for Bidding Claims
Foster Pepper's own Tom Ahearne will be speaking on the third topic.
3. For the developer or contractor looking for a comprehensive national construction seminar on both public and private projects, this annual event is not to be missed:
The ABA Forum on the Construction Industry Midwinter Meeting on February 2-3, 2012 in Houston:
- Design Control and Delegation
- Current Issues Facing Complex Project Funding
- Open Book Accounting in Cost Reimbursable Contracts
- A Study of Issues Posed by Schedules on Complex Cases
- A Review of Good and Bad Assurance/Quality Contract Case Studies
- Practical Tips in Navigating Project Labor Disputes
This Editor looks forward to seeing you there.